An invention is a solution to a problem, and a problem can be defined as an unsolved issue, or a situation in which difficulties occur.
Invention ideas are often developed as a response to a need for improvement over previous designs or methods. It might be to solve a problem, such as with the need for better transportation. An invention idea can also be used to create something new that does not exist yet.
Invention ideas come from many different places, including:
- An observation of something that is not working properly – like when you drop your keys on the floor and they don’t come back up again! This might lead you to thinking about an automatic key retriever – an invention idea that would make life so much easier!
- A problem that needs solving – such as trying to keep your hands warm while out in the snow on a cold day! Perhaps this could lead you to inventing some kind of heated glove? Or maybe even heated socks – who knows what kind of crazy inventions might come from this type of observation? Just take a look at these top inventions that changed the fashion world forever.
A completely new invention – a product that doesn’t exist in the market but has a clear need – can be the key to unlocking a fortune. It’s how some of the best inventions came about, including:
- The cell phone – which was invented by Motorola engineers who were trying to create walkie-talkies for police officers working in remote areas.
- The microwave – which was invented by Percy Spencer, who noticed that a candy bar in his pocket was melting while he stood near an old radar set.
- The iPod to fill a gap in the music industry – when Apple realized that there were no digital MP3 players on the market, they created one of their own.
As you can see there are many ways in which tech inventors have changed our lives. And if you’re a tech entrepreneur, you can make a difference in the world as well. All it takes is an idea and the drive to bring it to life.